Thursday, January 22, 2009

Frustration!!!!

Eli has wanted to ride the bus for 2 years now. So finally this year with Savannah at a private school and Sterling so busy with soccer it worked out time wise if Eli rode the bus. It has been great and he has loved it....until today. He came in crying so hard and so upset. He says "Mom...this kid on the bus was so mean and was making fun of me and telling jokes about me over and over and it really hurt my feelings." OH man...break my heart. I just cuddled up with him in the chair and tried to get him to calm down. So now I have a call in to the bus driver to see what happened and if she even knew about it. And now we deal with him not wanting to ride the bus anymore. I know this happens all though life....but he is so sensitive and does not deal well with this kind of thing. Even from his brother or sister....much less a friend on the bus. :(

3 comments:

Jaime said...

moments like that break your heart, sometimes I wish I could tell some parents off that aren't teaching their kids basic things like respect, kindness, etc. hope it gets better for him.

The Wiltbank Bunch said...

So sad....that's why I HATE kids riding the bus. It's so convienient sometimes but kids are so cruel and it seems like that is the only time of the day they really aren't monitored all that well and so they tend to get a little crazy. I can remember Sterling having several incidences on the bus when he was in about 4th grade and I called and called about it and they did nothing until one day he ended up in a fight on the bus with a kid who had been pushing his buttons and he finally punched the kid down and they wanted to suspend him. I was up at the school saying...OH NO!!! I WARNED YOU THIS WAS COMING AND YOU CHOSE NO ACTION ON IT! Anyway, it is hard to watch your baby go through something like that! Wish I could say it gets easier, but kids are so mean these days...and the bus...it's the pits!!!

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear Eli is having bus troubles! I was a driver for 4 years and I know how tough it can be to pay attention to the kids AND the road. Things happen and the driver has no idea. In our district though, the principle was actually responsible for the things that went on there, all we had to do was write up a report.
I hope it settles down soon for you!