Saturday, October 4, 2008

Savannah Softball



So about 2 weeks ago Savannah called me one afternoon about oh....noon as says "Hey, mom can I play softball at school?" I said I don't care sure. So she says...."Cool, we have practice today, and I need a softball glove at 3, and I need an outfit to practice in." WHAT?????? So off I went to get her a glove and an outfit and I ran it up to the school. Her first game was that Wednesday and she had her 3rd game today. The first game 6 of the girls had not even come to a practice yet and the others had only had one practice together. So we didn't count score for that one. On the second game Runnels won 16-2. woohoo!!!! Today was another game we did not count score on. :) But, Savannah did catch the first out which was a pop-up fly ball. She was on 3rd...then she was moved to 1st and got another out for us and about a dozen runs later we got the last out. We walked......well....a lot. No biggie though the girls are doing a great job learning and working together. She made it to 2nd base on her one at bat. WOOHOO!!! So anyway we have a new sport at our house. It is fun and Savannah seems to like it. Its something I can understand unlike Soccer, so I am really excited to watch her play.

3 comments:

The Wiltbank Bunch said...

That is so cool! I know she really loved playing softball the one year we did it in Southaven. I know she could really excel in it if she wanted to. She has the right build for it and she's athletic. I was excited to hear how excited she was about it. Just to hear her be excited about something is great. You know how she has that inability to show excitement sometimes! LOL! Keep the pictures coming!

tiki_lady said...

How cool is that!!! I loved softball too. I was pitcher and short stop!

Tasha and Doug said...

Hey! I can't believe how big all your kids are or that you found our blog! What a small world. You guys look like you are doing great.

Tasha